300 North Meridian is a high rise in Indianapolis, Indiana. Construction started in 1987, financed by Browning Investments. The architects, Haldeman Miller Bregman Hamann (now BOKA Powell), built the outside with brownish-reddish granite and black windows, and capped the skyscraper with a copper-colored dome. Only the eastern side rises to the full height of the building; the northern and southern sides rise in a staircase shape toward the east. The architects intended 300 North Meridian’s design to echo the adjacent Chamber of Commerce building. It was completed in 1989 and is currently the fifth-tallest building in the city.
300 North Meridian is primarily used for office space, although 9 of its floors are occupied by a parking garage. Of the building’s 509,582 square feet of space, only 347,551 square feet are usable by offices. As of February 2014, 17.5% of the usable office space is vacant, and the building is owned by REI Real Estate Services. The building was valued at $39 million in 2013.
One of the main tenants of 300 North Meridian is the law firm Faegre Baker Daniels, known as Baker & Daniels at the time of construction. The group has a lobby and library on the 27th floor.
After its construction, 300 North Meridian received several awards from architecture and engineering associations. Some are listed below.
- 1989: Building Owners and Managers Association International’s Urban Office Building of the Year Award 
- 1990: American Concrete Institute, Outstanding Achievement in Concrete 
- “300 North Meridian”. Skyscraper Center. CTBUH. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- “300 North Meridian”. Skyscraper Center. CTBUH. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- Harlan, Rita W. (1994). Bodenhamer, David J.; Barrows, Robert G. (eds.). Encyclopedia of Indianapolis. Indiana University Press. p. 1336. ISBN 0253112494.
- “300 North Meridian”. BOKA Powell, LLC. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- “Indianapolis Class A Downtown Skyline Report (February 2014)”(PDF). Cassidy Turley Commercial Real Estate Services. Archived from the original(PDF) on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Report Options For Parcel# 1032304[permanent dead link]. IndyBiz Property Information. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Property Tax Search ResultArchived 9 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Marion County Assessor. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- “300 North Meridian – Indianapolis, Indiana.”Archived 8 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine Browning Investments. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- “Awards”. Arsee Engineers, Inc. Retrieved 4 August 2014.