Beethoven in the Rockies is an American music festival based in Greeley, Colorado. The concert series showcases the works of Ludwig van Beethoven through diverse musical events while providing affordable access to performances and educational experiences throughout the Northern Colorado region.
Beethoven in the Rockies is led by founder and artistic director Adam Piotr Żukiewicz. Żukiewicz said “the concert series will focus on providing access to excellent quality performances with an educational component. The series will actively engage and promote artists representing diverse communities of the Northern Colorado region, while also offering the opportunity to our audiences to interact with national and international guest artists and presenters in an approachable setting.”
- 2020- present: Jittapim (Nan) Yamprai, Artistic co-director
- 2021- present: Edward W. Hardy, Artistic advisor and digital marketing director
- 2020- present: Shuang “Iris” Zhang, Marketing and media director
- 2020- present: Hanguang Wang, Managing director
- “Beethoven in the Rockies “Revival““(PDF). University of Northern Colorado. October 8, 2021.
- “UNC Presents: Beethoven in the Rockies: All-Beethoven Concert”. cpr.org. CPR Classical. Retrieved 11 October 2021.
- Wild, Stephi (October 9, 2021). “BEETHOVEN IN THE ROCKIES Will Feature Internationally Acclaimed Pianist Gjergji Gaqi in its Second Concert”. broadwayworld.com. Broadway World. Retrieved 11 October 2021.
- Randolph, Tonja. “Beethoven in the Rockies: Concert Series”. nocostyle.com. NOCO Style. Retrieved 11 October 2021.
- Staff. “Beethoven in the Rockies: Concert Series Opening Concert “The Revival““. kdvr.com. Fox 31 Denver. Retrieved 11 October 2021.
- Cristi, A.A. (October 7, 2021). “BEETHOVEN IN THE ROCKIES Opens This Friday With The Colorado Piano Trio And The Greeley Chamber Orchestra”. broadwayworld.com. Broadway World. Retrieved 8 October 2021.
‘We envision a future in which diverse communities of the Northern Colorado region collaborate and stimulate artistic creativity and innovation. Economical and political divisions are transformed into constructive dialogues and actions focused on empowering all communities. Musical concerts become events where communities can express and celebrate their individual identities and collective commonalities.”
- Markard, Tamara (October 5, 2021). “Beethoven in the Rockies kicks off season on Friday with Greeley Chamber Orchestra”. greeleytribune.com. Greeley Tribune. Retrieved 7 October 2021.
- Cristi, A.A. (October 6, 2021). “Beethoven In The Rockies Will Feature The Colorado Piano Trio In Its Opening Night Concert: ‘The Revival‘“. broadwayworld.com. Broadway World. Retrieved 7 October 2021.
- “About”. Beethovenintherockies.com. Beethoven in the Rockies. Retrieved 24 October 2021.
- Gervais, Gigi (October 23, 2021). “Beethoven In The Rockies Presents THE PIANO MUSIC OF JIM KLEIN & IAN JAMISON”. BroadwayWorld. BroadwayWorld. Retrieved 24 October 2021.
Adam Piotr Żukiewicz, Associate Professor of Piano at the University of Northern Colorado, is the founder and artistic director of Beethoven in the Rockies. Other festival members include Jittapim (Nan) Yamprai, Artistic Co-Director, Hanguang Wang, Managing Director, Shuang “Iris” Zhang, Marketing and Media Director, and Edward W. Hardy, Digital Marketing Director and Artistic Advisor.