Crime in Louisiana

This article refers to crime in the U.S. state of Louisiana.

Overview of crime in Louisiana, U.S.

. . . Crime in Louisiana . . .

According to the Louisiana Uniform Crime reporting program, there were 177,710 crimes reported in Louisiana in 2018. 2018 had the least amount of non-violent criminal offenses since at least 2008. Violent crime decreased from 2017 to 2018, but 2012 still remains the lowest with its record of 22,868. Rape went up 12.7% from 2017 while murder/non-negligent manslaughter declined 7.8%. Additionally, robbery dropped 15% and aggravated assault dropped 1.5%. Handguns remain the leading murder weapon with a rate of 44.7% with firearm (type unknown) following close behind at 35.7%. Together, these two contribute for 80.4% of the murders. Similarly, robberies were committed mostly with firearms in 2018. Firearms were leading with 52% and strongarm listed with a percentage of 35%.[1]

Louisiana experienced the highest per-capita murder rate (15.8 per 100,000) among all U.S. states in 2020 for the 32nd straight year (1989–2020), according to The 2020 FBI Uniform Crime Report.[2] Louisiana averaged 13.7 murders per 100,000, compared to the U.S. average of 6.6 murders per 100,000 from 1989- 2014.

Louisiana murder rates per 100,000

[3][4]

Year Murder rate Year Murder rate
1989 14.9 2005 10.0
1990 17.2 2006 13.1
1991 16.9 2007 14.7
1992 17.4 2008 12.3
1993 20.3 2009 11.8
1994 19.8 2010 11.2
1995 17.0 2011 11.2
1996 17.5 2012 10.6
1997 15.7 2013 10.8
1998 12.8 2014 10.2
1999 10.7 2015 10.3
2000 12.5 2016 11.8
2001 11.2 2017 12.4
2002 13.2 2018 11.4
2003 13.0 2019 11.7
2004 12.7

Crime totals by offense in the state of Louisiana from 1995 through 2018 as recorded by the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports.[3]

Numbers vary by year. Some reports list statistics for the previous year higher/lower than shown on said previous year’s report.

Year Population Total    Violent Property
Crimes
Rape Robbery Aggravated
assault
Burglary Larceny
Theft
Vehicle
Theft
1994 4,342,000 289,873 43,741 246,132 1,855 11,662 29,484 53,481 166,667 0
1996 4,351,000 297,556 40,426 257,130 1,805 12,036 25,823 56,379 173,271 27,480
1997 4,352,000 280,671 37,248 243,423 1,799 10,407 24,360 53,935 163,114 26,374
1998 4,369,000 266,435 34,057 232,378 1,609 8,651 23,237 51,210 157,507 23,661
1999 4,372,000 251,252 32,033 219,219 1,448 7,591 22,526 47,775 149,749 21,695
2000 4,468,976 242,344 30,440 211,904 1,497 7,532 20,851 46,289 144,345 21,270
2001 4,465,430 238,371 30,678 207,693 1,404 7,864 20,910 46,451 139,555 21,687
2002 4,482,646 228,528 29,690 198,838 1,529 7,123 20,445 45,350 133,302 20,186
2003 4,493,665 222,320 28,622 193,698 1,601 7,008 19,429 44,572 129,471 19,655
2004 4,515,770 227,997 28,844 199,153 1,616 6,564 20,090 45,359 134,080 19,714
2005 4,523,628 193,500 26,889 166,611 1,421 5,337 19,681 39,382 112,840 14,389
2006 4,287,768 201,158 29,919 171,239 1,562 5,729 22,098 44,986 110,613 15,640
2007 4,293,204 206,308 31,317 174,991 1,393 6,083 23,233 44,602 115,209 15,180
2008 4,410,796 197,574 28,944 168,630 1,232 5,994 21,191 43,320 111,567 13,743
2009 4,492,076 198,305 27,849 170,456 1,359 6,105 19,855 46,246 112,493 11,717
2010 4,533,372 190,243 24,886 165,357 1,233 5,211 17,932 45,435 110,029 9,893
2011 4,574,836 194,150 25,406 168,744 1,268 5,239 18,386 46,320 113,301 9,123
2012 4,602,134 185,512 22,839 162,673 1,155 5,458 15,737 42,037 112,764 7,872
2013 4,625,470 189,295 23,609 165,686 1,244 5,548 16,319 41,184 115,342 9,160
2014 4,648,990 185,866 24,964 161,192 1,382 5,725 16,400 38,541 113,251 9,400
2015 4,670,724 183,097 26,468 156,629 1,723 5,550 17,454 35,453 111,435 9,741
2016 4,645,670 180,863 26,477 154,386 1,819 5,575 18,528 34,667 109,380 10,339
2017 4,663,461 183,804 26,092 157,712 1,867 5,358 18,285 34,265 112,485 10,962
2018 4,659,978 177,710 25,049 152,661 2,085 4,568 17,266 31,132 109,993 11,536

. . . Crime in Louisiana . . .

This article is issued from web site Wikipedia. The original article may be a bit shortened or modified. Some links may have been modified. The text is licensed under “Creative Commons – Attribution – Sharealike” [1] and some of the text can also be licensed under the terms of the “GNU Free Documentation License” [2]. Additional terms may apply for the media files. By using this site, you agree to our Legal pages . Web links: [1] [2]

. . . Crime in Louisiana . . .

Previous post Ned Buntline bibliography
Next post Intermediate League World Series