La Jolla (pronounced: La HOY-yah) is an upscale beach neighborhood in San Diego that, while part of the city, is often viewed as its own distinct community. La Jolla is home to the University of California, San Diego campus, beautiful beaches, and gorgeous scenery. Fans of brutalist architecture will not want to miss two of the world’s most significant works in that style, the Geisel Library at UCSD and the Salk Institute.
- 1 La Jolla Village Information Center, 1162 Prospect St, ☎+1 858-454-5718. Daily 10AM-6PM (summer); daily 11AM-4PM (winter).
- La Jolla Parkway to Torrey Pines Road from I-5 North (there is no exit to La Jolla Parkway from southbound I-5) or westbound State Route 52
- Northbound Mission Boulevard and La Jolla Boulevard from Pacific Beach
- Southbound Torrey Pines Road from Del Mar
- Westbound La Jolla Village Drive to southbound Torrey Pines Road from southbound or northbound I-5. La Jolla Village Drive from I-5 can also get you to University City (east), or UCSD (west).