Songdo is an international business city located 65 kilometers south of Seoul and is being developed on 1,500 acres of reclaimed land along the waterfront of Incheon, and built specifically for acess to Incheon International Airport.
Songdo is connected to the Incheon International Airport by a 7.4 mile long highway bridge (20 minutes drive).
A subway line connecting Seoul to Songdo is under construction.
- The Central Park comprises over 10% of the total acreage and has a seawater canal powered by wind turbines. Water taxi can take you on a cruise or transport you to the Government Center located at one end of the park.
- New Songdo National Ecotarium located in the Central Park is to be one of the most modern and innovative in the world.
- Songdo International Museum is located in the Central Park and is to establish, preserve and document a permanent art collection.
Being a new city it can be difficult to find restaurants and bars in Songdo. Downtown is one of the main areas for food and drink. Songdo Downtown is a small area of the city located in the blocks surrounding the Coast Guard Building(해양경찰청). Here is a list of several famous places where visitors must go for their meal:
- Bornga (본가), Downtown. A korean BBQ restaurant famous for its beef BBQ and its huge platter of vegetables coming with it. They also serve the traditional Pork BBQ known as Samgyopsal. Try also the restaurant’s other specialty the Cha-Dol Jigae a spicy fermented bean stew.
- The ThreeFish (나무물고기), Downtown, A newly-opened western-style bar/cafe with many cocktails, beers and house wine.They also serve nice bar food such as chili-nachos, fries or chicken.
- Cafe Chosun (카페 조선), Downtown. A korean BBQ restaurant serving Samgyeopsal and seafood on a large stone grill. Delicious scallops and prawns.